Another blog challenge from my on-line pals at Scrapn'chat! Blog about the 'Top 10' of something. Again I racked my brain trying to figure it out but finally thought, simple is better. So here is my top 10...
The top 10 things I like about right now;
10. My cleaner.... Last week I came out of the bedroom and Jason was sweeping the living room floor in his skivvies. He looked at me and said, 'What? Some people pay for this!.' I laughed my head off. I like this about right now. (He told me I could not write about this - at all! I guess now we'll see if he's reading the blog!)
9. Playtime.... Ryan is rocking her retro Radio Flyer tricycle and her Leap frog scooter. She gets on and says, 'Mama, I gonna scooter. Watch out, this is tricky!'. I love seeing her cruising around the basement or on the veranda.
8. Time management.... I have finally managed to figure out how to get to work on time. I used to park in a garage a couple of minutes away and I was always late. Now I park a 10 minute walk away and for the most part I am always on time. Go figure.
7. Fall food! September is always a fun culinary month. I remember all of the warm hearty meals from cooler days and I start to cook! Sheppard pie, spaghetti, lasagna, beef stew, maple curry chicken..... Mmm, yum!
6. Dance parties! Almost every evening Ryan and I head to the basement and shake our tail feathers! Sometimes Daddy or Nanny join us but most often it is just Ryan and I, spinning in the chair and twirling around until we are too dizzy to stand up!
5. Friendships.... Ryan loves Lucy and Lucy Loves her. Lately when we get home from work and daycare we let Lucy out. Ryan runs ahead of her on the lawn and Lucy follows. Ryan plops down and Lucy rubs herself against Ryan. Ryan looks at me and says, 'Lucy loves me!'. And then Ryan runs to another spot on the lawn and they do it all over again. It makes you realise how important all these small connections are!
4. Independence... I have enough time to incorporate ME time in my life and that in last few months I was able to read a dozen books and knit and crochet some hats and scrap book a little too... Me time is great. For the first few years of Ryan's life she was entirely focused on me, awesome to be so loved but a little overwhelming at times.... With her growing Independence comes a little more Independence for me too!
3. My job.... Although I could never say that I am living my lifelong passion through work - I really appreciate that I have a job that lets me leave it there at the end of the day. When I am done and its time to come home I don't have to give it another thought. It gives me time for my family and rewards me well financially. I don't have to look around very hard to recognize how many people would love to have what I do.
2. My hobbies.... I am a jack of all trades and a master of none. I scrapbook, knit, crochet, read.... I have very few original ideas but the joy I get from latching on to someone else's and recreating it for myself is invaluable. I love to be creative in a tactile in tangible way.
1. My family.... They make me want to pull my hair out, sometimes they make me want to scream but more often than that they make me want to say thank-you, thank you, thank you that the stars aligned and gave me Jason and then Ryan. I couldn't dream up to better people to spend my days with. Unless, could I make them say yes more? LOL - they wouldn't be them if they did....