Labels

Saturday 11 September 2010

Who's toes are those?


Anyone who knows me well knows that I am not really a girly-girl.

I don't curl my hair, wear make-up or jewelry and I definitely don't wear nail polish.  I didn't really think that Ryan was a girly-girl either, with the exception of her pink obsession.  However, society has been doing its job (much to my dismay - not that I think that there is anything wrong with being a girly-girl, I just don't want her to fall into a gender role trap out of some sense of obligation) and she is already acutely aware that the things that girls and boys do are different. 

For the last couple of weeks she has been asking for poshish (polish) and has been talking about it to anyone who'll listen.  I get updates when I pick her up from daycare.  "Mama's going to get me some pink poshish for my toes!'  So, finally we made it to the store. 

                                                

She also got some head bands - blue like Caillou's Mom and is pretty tickled with her transformation.  Who and I to rain on her parade!  Well actually I did rain on it a little this morning when she wanted ME to put on some poshish.  To that the answer was an unwavering NO!

2 comments:

Kimmartha said...

How cute are those toes!! Adrianna went through the "make up" stage last fall - all she could talk about was eye liner and mascara. I didn't encourage her and J certainly didn't want her wearing it but, Santa left some in her stocking for Christmas. I taught her how to apply it and after about 2 months of make up every day, she now rarely puts it on! Sometimes they just need to try something out and if we support their choice rather than fight it, it often loses it's fascination for them quite quickly.

That said, I do love polish on toes... heehee!!!

PamelaM said...

Oooh...those little piggies are the cutest. I think it's so great to see the girls developing and wanting to try new things. J said she loves dinosaurs and she gets all excited when she hears the theme song to Mighty Machines...hee hee!

I don't know for "not" a girly girl you have the cutest shoes, clothes and purses. lol!